Following the Welsh Government Announcement on Saturday, starting from Sunday 20th December Wales will re-enter a lockdown.
This alert level four lockdown will mean the following changes:
– People will not be allowed to mix with anyone they do not live with. However, single person households are allowed to form a support bubble with one other household.
– Non-essential shops will close, including gyms beauty-salons and hairdressers.
– Restaurants will only be open for takeaway.
– Mosques can remain open for ritual obligation worship only whilst maintaining social distancing regulations and must have carried out risk assessments.
– Worshipers must not congregate outside the masjid before and after the prayer.
– Nikkah and Janazah can take place, but within the safe limits of the mosque, and only the specific ceremony.
– All children organised activities are not to take place, thus the madrasah or maktab cannot continue in the mosque. Many mosques will go back to providing this service online
– Travel is only for essential purposes
Places of worship have been allowed to remain open as they have consistently been run safely and with strict measures, we must keep this up however to ensure everyone’s safety. Worshippers attending mosques, please only do so if you are certain it is safe, don’t risk harming another person. Stay at home if have any symptoms or have been in contact with someone who has an undertake a COVID-19 test.
Stay at home, continue to wash your hands, wear your masks and maintain social distancing.